Friday, August 15, 2008

waking up on the other side of tomorrow

Have you ever had one of those days were you just want to close your eyes and wake up on the other side of tomorrow.. With no headache and all the energy of the world.. well that was me yesterday.. Everything feeling so personal and slashing and just tired.
I wanted to be on the other side of tomorrow.

When I get there, I want to be scar free, fancy free, and care free. I want to dance in the wind, draw on the sidewalk, and laugh so hard that my pants hurt. I want to live in a spotless house, walk on a sidewalk without cracks, and never have to comb my hair. I want perfectly behaved children, dogs that do not shed black hair on the couch, and a brand new wallet.
I want to be on the other side of tomorrow.
I want to close my eyes, go to sleep, and wake in the morning in a downy bed of cloudy white. I want to say everything well, smile everything better, and smooth everything over.
I want to be on the other side of tomorrow.
I want to be size 3, eat size 24, and exercise size 36. I want to sing in a choir without attending rehearsals. I want to paint like Van Gogh and keep both of my ears.
I want to be on the other side of tomorrow and get there without moving a muscle.

But life demands that I stand up, walk out of my door, open my mind and think. Life will not allow me to escape the truth which is this: Sometimes, it is necessary to force myself through tough walls of prickly people and pears. And sometimes it takes every soul thing I own to keep working harder, keep praying firmer, and to keep hanging onto the faith I believe is more durable than the crust that is holding me back in today.
Effort is required if I am ever to arrive on the other side of tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very profound. I, however, want to wake up on the other side of 6 weeks from now, with my sanity intact and a passing grade on my transcript! Too much to ask?

jean jean dancing machine said...

I thought I might want to wake up on the other side of tomorrow, but then I thought..."What if the powers that be misinterpret and think I want to wake up on THE OTHER SIDE?!" I think instead I will try to honor my mom who taught me most valuable lessons I know..both when she was here and when she passed away...be careful what you wish for and time is one thing that seems to speed up as we get older....life is definately too short (unless we are suffering beyond joy, comfort and hope of healing)...and better things ahead. I still say the last ne out loud if I am having a really lousy day! If all else fails...find umour, a hug and help if you can get it, know people you may least expect, care and share your pain. I guess I just want to wake up tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Twink, i did not know you could write like that! You are a talented lady! Well I finally made it to your blog, its very good!!