Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Journal

Well remember this post were I said I was going to be so ambitious and do a Christmas journal and document everyday on our way to Christmas 2008. Ya well that failed!. I ran out of time prior to surgery and I haven't had the ability in the last couple of weeks. But with all that said I have realized that we as a family have done some great things on our way to Christmas and I have documented with pictures and get to "journal" about them on my blog. So this.. has become my 2008 December journal.

We have done some great things together so I am going to hi light a couple for you
Poppy Cock
[december 7, 2008]


Caramel Popcorn with Nuts (Poppy Cock)
Ingredients
4 qt Fresh popped corn.

1/2 ts Salt.

2 c Peanuts; dry-roasted, (or any other nut you would like, I used cashews)
1/2 ts Baking soda
1 c Packed brown sugar
1/2 ts
Vanilla extract
1/2 c Unsalted butter
lg 5 quart roasting pan.
1/2 c Corn syrup

Instructions for Caramel Popcorn with Nuts (Poppy Cock)Place popcorn in large roasting pan. Mix in nuts. Set aside. Preheat oven to 200F. In heavy sauce pan, mix sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt. Over medium heat, stir until boiling. Continue to boil, without stirring, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla, then baking soda (it will foam up). Pour over popped corn and nuts; mix well to coat. Place in oven for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes. Stir every 15 minutes while baking. Cool, break apart and store in a tightly sealed container.

This recipe turned out great. Jim loved it. It makes two large zip lock bags full and is crunchy rather than gooey. We loved it.



Saturday Sunshine
Only one ice time on Saturday and after the game Hayze went to the Rycrofts to play and Destiny and her Dad went for a ride. It was a perfect December day for a ride.


[december 6,2008]


Sunday Snow Storm

This turned out to be a great day for the kids to get out and play in the snow. Ringette was cancelled so we stayed home and all three of my kids played out in the snow. [the third being Jim of course]

[december 7,2008]





Our little Lilly, she is so photogenic.


The Scenery in our yard was amazing. I took a ton of pictures but really none of them did the "winter wonder land" any justis.
In anticipation for the falling snow.

The back window of my Avalanche.
I thought it looked so cool with the falling snow and white trim of snow all around it.

Hope you enjoyed some of our December journal , check back for more entries.

No comments: