Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Holiday Projects

I know! Two posts in one day. That is amazing, but I wanted to show you a couple other projects I have been working on.


Desk Calendars

This is the front and back view of the desk calendar I have been working on for a month or so.


This is a inside view of the month of March and a side view so that you can see how I folded it.This is how pretty it will sit on my family's desk / table.

This project was inspired by Scrapgirls On there website you can purchase templates for 4x6 calendar templates. I then worked with all the current digital paper that I have and added pictures to every month. Personalizing it with the cute little faces of my children. When I got all 12 months completed ( this took me sometime because I worked on it a few minutes here and there) I uploaded the 13 files (cover included) to Costco and requested 12 of each printed on 4x6 photo paper in matte. I was able to pick them all up the next day at the location I chose, this is such a great service. When I got them home the kids and I separated them into a 1 year calender. I then took sheets of 12" x 12" scrapbook paper and and cut it into 4" stripes. I was able to get to easels from each piece of paper, one strip I cut in half to add to the back of the other two once I got them folded so that they would sit in a triangle. If you would like the exact measurements just email me and I can walk you through it. When the stand was complete I then punched holes and attached the ring binding. (thanks to Lisa for the use of your binding machine) WOLA!. The cutes little desk calender this season. My original thought before binding them was to get those cute little picture holders that you just slip the pictures in make of wire. I think that idea would work too and wouldn't be to expensive because I am sure that you can buy then at the dollar store.


Digital Scrapbook Page

[click to see larger]
I just finished this this morning. I was on 2 peas in a bucket web page this morning just browsing around and noticed this weeks digital challenge. " create a background paper using only brushes" So I was inspired to do a layout. This is what I came up with. I got my snow flake brushes for deviantart by a member named MELDIR. This site have proven useful a couple of time for brushes to use in Photoshop. So as you can see,outside of using snowflakes my layout is quite simple. The ripped edges I got from Scrap Girls they add a nice layer to this layout.
well you have it, all my projects.



3 comments:

Michelle C. said...

Wow! Crystal, I just LOVE checking out your blog!!! It is amazing, and your photography is absolutely fantastic... I just find myself saying Wow and Awww as I scroll down! Thanks for giving such a personal insight to your life... it is a great life.

amy w. said...

Those calendars are so awesome!!! Love that idea! I've been drooling over all that baking your doing. The gingerbread cookies look so, so yummy! Hope you're feeling better now. :D

Trisha said...

That snowman is SO cute! Not to mention the layout you did! Fun, fun! Great blog, just one more thing for me to read while I should be cleaning my house or tending my children...he he.