Monday, October 27, 2008

The rest of the pictures

Better late than never. More of the pictures I promised from the kids in the park this fall.



















I thought I would use this post to catch up on sharing some photos and happenings that I was hoping to blog about in the past. As we all know time to quickly gets away from us and we don't get half of what we want done, let alone the "fun" stuff.


Ok.. now my computer is not allowing me to upload any more pictures so I will just answer a couple of questions that have been asked.



1. Why so many cow pictures.? ( click on the bull on the side to see thanksgiving pictures)

a: because that's what we do when we go home. We spend an afternoon out on the Saskatchewan prairie looking at cows and enjoying the scenery. I guess that has become a tradition.



2. What kind of camera do I use?

Keep in mind I am amateur with a lot of try, my equipment is with me were ever I go. ( the word out is that I am a little poparotsey) and I love my hobby of "pictures".. taking, editing, scrapping, displaying, making video's all of it .. I love it.

a: Canon Rebel XTi, Lens: Canon Zoom Lens EF 75-300mm This camera also comes with a lens: Canon EFS 18-55mm. I also have a Kodak Easy share 10x zoom which gives me 38-380 mm (equiv.) I love it too, it is more of the one I can through in my purse..

3. Hysterectomy?

a: I know I just kind of threw that in there on my last post. I am having surgery Nov 24 and will be in the hospital for about 4-5 days. Why? A long list of girl related crap.. I (and my family) are looking forward to this all being behind us. Any info that anyone has would be greatly appreciated and any extra hands to help get my kids to the rink will be helpful during the weeks following. (just thought I would throw that in there)

I guess it is going to let me add more pictures now.
The harvest of fresh tomatoes at my dads

this is just 1/20 of what he had under every bed and under blankets.


I had thought I would learn how to can them, but simply ran out of time,

as I always do when I go home.




I did make some fresh Salsa


I used fresh tomatoes


white onion


one small hot pepper


a green pepper


cilantro
I don't like it hot so that was it..




I made some Brochette too..


I used fresh tomatoes


garlic, and more garlic


the whites of green onion


olive oil


cilantro


feta cheese


I served it on broiled sour dough bread and garnished with the greens of the green onion.

goodness!




Last picture to share with you. This is my cousins daughter Arlee. Isn't she as cute as a bug. I love this picture of her. It was taken at Uncle Norman and Auntie Phyllis 60th anv.

1 comment:

TANYA said...

your tomato creations look YUMMY!!!!

and it goes without saying we have your back with all the post surgery needs.....kids, food, house,...LIMITED husband satisfaction, free therapy, hopfully some giggles....hopfully not stitch splitting laughter, but laughter just the same....and in case i wasn't clear i will add this: ETC.....