Monday, February 2, 2009

prairie wonder


Well I celebrated Destiny's birthday with a party on Friday. The kids were off school and we decided to invite her friends for 4 hours of "High School Musical" fun. My friends all asked me if I was crazy having a 4 hour party, but it went so fast. Stacey stayed to help me and it was great.

Destiny's Cake
This was my fist attempt at using marshmallow fondant, well fondant of any kind really.
I think it turned out ok. My cake is a bit lacking in originality but the "HSM" theme is there.
If you would like to try your own fondant I got the recipe here
Grandpa Jack got both the kids sparklers for their cakes. They loved them. Destiny blowing out her Candles. Only 2 boy friends ... ... ok really? your 9....

Everyone got their Picture with the birthday girl and then Michelle and I cut them down and put them in frames for everyone to take home. they all turned out so cute. Lilly was in every shot the girls were in.


Besides doing a word scrabble, bingo, picture taking, eating.. they also did dance routines.
I had printed out the words to two of Destiny's favorite HSM songs and set the music so that we could have a dance/sing off.. Girls against the boys.. It was amazing. I wished I had my video ready. The boys had an amazing routine, the girls sang there hearts out.. it was great.


Saturday Night
we got together with some friends. 9 of us went to
this restaurant
It was amazing food. I loved it.
This is a picture of the desert that we got. Brad took this shot on his phone.
I wish that I could describe how good it was.. just nummy will have to do until you can experience it yourself.. If you go, call me.. I will go again.
Thanks Mr. Rycroft for the suggestion, I will put it on my list of fav's..


Are you lost?
Jim took this picture out our back door this afternoon.
The kids and I were on our way to hockey and I noticed this moose on the other side of the hi way from our farm. We stopped to watch it for awhile and when we left we phoned Jim at home and told him that a moose was on it's way to our house and we could already see the horses going a bit crazy.. Jim said the moose went the entire perimeter of our land and then went west.. What a funny site out on the prairie.

2 comments:

carolbcool said...

I love all the pictures and it looks like Destiny's birthday was a lot of fun..love the cake...and what a beautiful girl she is...love ...Carol

Anonymous said...

I saw this one in the Strathmore Standard this week too! What a great shot!