Wednesday, May 9, 2007

MY BIRTHDAY

It was my birthday today.. What a great day it was. Jim woke me up with a kiss and left for work. I got up at 7am and went to the kitchen to find a brand new "Canon Rebel" slr camera. Yes, I am a happy girl. all I could say when I called him was "shut up, SHUT UP!" I can't wait to get started with it. Then my brother Wendel called to wish me a happy birthday, I thought that was totally thoughtful, I talked to my mom and dad who are buying me some perennial plants to put in my front flower beds..and my brother Monty was there at work so I talked to him.
My girlfriends Tanya and Stacey arrived at 8:30 with gifts..Tanya got me wd40, a first aid kit and a hand held electric vacuum all for my trailer. Stacey got me a cookbook, spaghetti, wine opener, apron and a heating pad. The girls took me to Inglewood in Calgary for the day. (Can you believe I forgot my Camera?. My picture diary of the day is from my cell phone.)
Eat Eat in Inglewood
The Breakifast was Lovely.

"Break the Fast"
and what would a photo diary and a day with friends be without self portraits?
We actually got someone to take this one.

in front of the old Mclean auction. Jim and I actually bought six pigs here when we started dating. I had to show the girls.
We really think we should go to the horse races like this someday.

It was a wonderful day and I really had a good time. We all bought 6' tall metal flower bird feeder and I bought a couple of vases that hang on the wall for my basement. We sat and had a drink at a pub and just had a few giggles. thanks girls.!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had an awesome time! Hooray for SLR camera's!! Hope you enjoy.