Saturday, May 24, 2008

Do you blog about it.?

Good evening everyone.. If you are reading this you are probably the 1400 visitor to the blog or close to it. I couldn't believe the number when I scrolled down tonight. I was excited and sad at the same time. So... I have a lot of people that "click in" but not that many comments.. now either you don't know how to comment, you don't want to comment or my posts are not interesting enough to encourage a discussion. What ever the case may be, I am glad that I have this "little space" to write some stuff down and an opportunity to share some pictures with you.

If you don't know how to comment, click on the bottom were the word "comment" is, type what you would like to share with us and then you can simply click on anonymous and send.. We would truly love to hear from you. If you would like to share a thought or a idea on this blog.. email me and I will add it too.. please send pictures.
twink@myipplus.net
_____________________________


Saying Good-Bye.. I lost a friend this past week to cancer. Do I blog about it or not? This is the question on my mind tonight. My business partner Stacey's sister dyed of a brain tumor and I am pissed and sad. The fight against cancer is a tough won and she fought hard..


I often wonder if sharing in this format is appropriate or if maybe I should just leave it alone.. I think tonight just sharing that I along with hundreds of people are mourning the loss of Tanya is enough. My prayers are with her family and her three boys for their terrible loss.. as well as her siblings and parents who I know are grieving and will be grieving in the months to come, I will think of you often and keep you in my prayer.
Relay for Life 2006 Strathmore
Myself and Tanya

you will be sadly missed

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

cancer does suck exspecially brain, Olive has been fighting this since december. At first they told us 2 weeks to 6 months, but she seems to be holding her own right now, treatments did not shrink it at all but kept the tumors from getting bigger. At the end of june we are going to celebrate her 45 birthday.

Anonymous said...

That is a great picture of you and Tanya you will be able to cherish it for years. Our prayers go out to Tanya's family as it's not fare she was taken from them at such an young age.

Anonymous said...

At times the world can seem such a cruel place.... leaving us with the haunting question of WHY?? There is no real answer to that question. We can only be Thankful for the time we shared with our friends \ family, and accept their life and our own as the true blessing it is.

carolbcool said...

I'm soory for your loss, crystal, I too have lost friends to cancer, i have a friend that has brain cancer also and she is holding her own as well right now...We lost a young mother this week also and it is so hard to see the families having to go through this...You will all be in our thoughts and prayers...carolbcool

Anonymous said...

Wow. It takes alot to leave me at a loss for words.... Nothing wrong with sharing your grief on your blog. Have to go hug my husband and kids now....

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I ever met Tanya personally but I feel as though I know her very well. My SIL, Colleen spent time every week driving to Tanya's to spend the day with her. I've heard how she fought so hard and still kept her sense of humour. I remember hearing something about her brother helping her to go to the bathroom!?! Apparently this was "Classic Tanya". My thoughts and prayers go out to all of Tanya's family and friends.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Tanya. It's truly heartbreaking. It's at times like these, where we struggle to find the answers to the BIG questions, while hanging on tighter to the ones we love, hoping we never have to experience that pain again. Life is precious, even more than we realize. My thoughts & prayers go out to Stacey & her family. Wish I could send a hug through the email.

Anonymous said...

Having such great friends and family in my life has been helping me get through the loss of my friend and my sister. Right now I actually have tears rolling down my face. Life seems to be unfair and hard to understand. I keep trying to look at all of the good things that have come out of this and it does help me a lot. My sister had said a quote in the Drumheller Mail and it sticks in my mind. She said 'a hug cannot cure cancer, but it can heal you in a way no drug can." Even though our kids can drive us crazy, please give them a hug just because we can. Stacey Wilson