Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Baseball Video Comments

Well baseball this year has been interesting at best. The weather and the getting it together took a little patience but once we got it going it was amazing. I think the parents and kids a like really had fun. Tanya and I had a few laugh attacks on the bleachers and our lips became raw from the new "chili lime" spitz.. that we have all grown to love.
Last night experience of the parents playing the kids was a blast. and I loved it.. I said to Tanya today.. Oh why don't we play ball? it was really Fun... (as she is rubbing liniment on my neck.)

Anyway I made a video of hayze playing ball this spring.. If you are a regular reader you may have seen it. It was a lot of fun to make and my family and friends all seemed to enjoy it.
However I received a email tonight on my Youtube account stating this:

"Did you get consent forms from the parents of Siksika Nation to film our children on this web site???? If not you know we can sue you for this, my child was on your film and I never give you consent to post this....and there are other parents that feel the same way....take it off the site or we will sue!!!!AND WE WON THE LEAGUE LOL!!! "

Now I did tape 3 of there children.. You could see one of their faces from the side when he struck out and I should have been more careful with that. However not meaning any harm to anyone I have taken it off the you tube site. In the video I did state at the end that we did win over Siksika and I did video a couple strike outs.. We did win that game.. !!(Maybe not the league, but that game we won)
I made the mistake of adding "hayze pitching in SIKSIKA" in the tag line.
You tell me, what do you think this is about?

Have a good night.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Ooohhh.... I would have never thought of this... Guess you have to be careful who/what you video tape. I have no worries... I don't know how to post a picture or video..hell I don't even know how to change my title!
I enjoy your videos and pictures Twink! Can't wait until the next ones!

Anonymous said...

who has time to care? this is nuts, are they more intrested in the kids privacy or the lawsuit? who does this hurt anyway? If you had asked for permission would have the parents said yes? come on people lighten up.

anonymous stacy

Anonymous said...

I think I would email them back and suggest that next time they politely suggest that you should have gotten a consent and to please remove it. Don't let them bully you. It sounded rather malicious on their part. Is there a rivalry between Strathmore and Siksika in baseball?

Karen

Anonymous said...

It's impossible to gauge the intended tone of a message in an email. It may have been a joke? Or maybe not. Was the email signed? If it was, do you know this person at all?