Thursday, June 5, 2008

Do what I want if I want

Well last weekend, I decided "I would do it if I wanted" was the attitude that I was going to adopt for two days. Obviously I loved it and it turned out I got a lot done with out a "to do" list lurking over my head.

Last weekend we had the luxury of not have anything planned. Jim worked Saturday and I kids and I just worked around the house...
Some of the things I worked on.

Jim and I were given this book shelf from a friend.
it came out of the Rockyford school and they figure it is about a 100 years old. Well looking at this picture, it looks really cool, right? crackling paint, original handles...
Well, then someone decided to paint it......



Teal.....











They didn't get quite finished and then left it.

So, I have taken the knobs off and soaked them in paint thinner and they have been restore to original.I have decided to paint the whole thing white and then I will antique it with some brown.
I think when completed it will look nice.. Jim has suggested using it for a trophy shelf .. so we will see.













the whole family worked on this Saturday afternoon. Setting up the the pool turned out to be a bit of a pain.. (Just because of me really)
It took most of the evening on Saturday night to get enough water in it.. I of course didn't want to leave the water running over night so I undid the hose for the night. In the morning the pool was 6" away from being empty.. It had all syphoned out overnight... I guess I wasn't thinking.. Anyway by Sunday afternoon Destiny and Katie were swimming in the freezing water.
and as you can see the new cover I bought is a 18' rather than a 16'.. oh well.. keeps the leaves out.



The last big project.
who can keep up?.. If it would stop raining... I guess I could. I couldn't even beat the rain the other night. I cut for about 10 mins when I got home... but the rain followed me from town and I was drenched. Oh well, as you can see, not a cloud in the sky today. I can start cutting as soon as the grass isn't sopping wet..









My point being to all of this.. I think I did better without a list than with.. Between all of that.. I got my grocery shopping done, helped Tanya with her rock garden, went shopping for tile for under the pool. etc.... and had a fire out back with my kids.. oh ya. and Destiny had a Katie sleep over..
Just a nice relaxing weekend... tehe..
twink.

No comments: