Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Summer Fun.... or is it?

Well yesterday was the official 1st day in our pool. The water was still a bit cold but Destiny was is there playing and having fun.. Her brother... in and out... then played ball off the ladder. Now in review my pictures I have come to realize that we look a little bit like hill billies, red necks, the Clampits, or how ever you want to say it... Our back corner of our acrage is in some real need of our attention along with about 3 other acres of over grow grass and dandylions. Yes for all you "town people" my dandylions are out of control...
Now just let me show you what I am talking about.

This old trailer has been in my yard for well over 9 years. We had hired men stay in it when we first bought our property in 1997 and again for a bit in the summer or 98 then we had a husband and wife stay in if for a summer now it sits... run down and falling a part and look like a eye sore. I called 8 different companies trying to get someone to take it.. No one new what to do with it... One guy offered but wanted a lot of money to demolish it.. I said "but it is free" he said "no it is not, it is expensive" So then I decided to put it on http://kijiji.ca/ for free if you come get it. I have had about 12 emails in 1 1/2 hours. It is looking promising.. Now that leaves the burlap deer on the side of the shed and all the garbage in the shed.. I need help... I am hoping to hire a couple of kids this summer.. Hopefully they like to work. The grass alone will keep them whipper snipping for a while.

Now some pictures that I think look a little better..

I hid the surroundings a little better.


Now as I mentioned, Hayze didn't like the temp. of the water that much so he played from the ladder.

I had to include this pictures so you could see that we do really feed him.

....must go.. just got another 5 emails about the "free" trailer.. I have taken some pictures of the inside.. that has been scaring them away. I think I have got a "biter" he wants to give money!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

is it weird that the only thing that looked "hillbillyish" was the pretend deer??? maybe if you "trow in" the deer to the trailer deal...

just some random thoughts....
tanya

Anonymous said...

The pool looks like fun. Now, I am a 'town person' and our dandylions are out of control too. We have better things to do. I've stopped thinking of them as weeds. They're now 'a field of wildflowers' in my front (and back) yard. How's that for cockeyed optimism?