Thursday, May 7, 2009

Learning Together

These pictures were taken last night at Lausens arena just a couple miles east of our home.
This was Hayze's first night team roping, and he did great. It happened by accident actually..
Hayze was wanting to go to the area and help the steer wrestlers and ropers.. He likes to load cattle and work the shoot. When I left the arena after dropping him off, he was doing a fine job, Lorne even put a bail there so he could reach everything and he has the routine down pat.
About a hour later I got a call from Chad saying bring your camera, Hayze is team roping. Yup.. with the big boys. So back over I go, camera in hand

And this is what I found...

My 10 year old team roping

On a green broke horse, that too, is just learning.

Hayze did really well, we are very proud of his confidence

And well, Patch did pretty good to.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Hayze Awesome !

Anonymous said...

Wow! I don't know much about roping but it looks like he was doing everything right! Good for him, out playing with the "Big Boys"! Karen C.

Anonymous said...

Hayze, that is so cool! Keep it up dude! Love
Auntie Lynn

Anonymous said...

Great action shots.
Seeds of greatness.
I really admire you're ambition.
So proud of you Hayze.
Uncle Wendel