Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Challenge On the Horizon

Well, to follow up on the last post.. Tanya and I had a fabulous evening together visiting and eating the nice meat, cheese and cracker tray she put together... Wouldn't you know it, a neighbour rang the door bell and gave her a beautiful veggie tray from a function he was at. So needless to say we were well feed, had good company, watched a lot of you tube, laughed and cried.. And still, no Jane Austin. You know Tanya and I have been trying to do this since November. We even bought the book, Pride and Prejudice.. can't get through that either.
I did find this link to recap from another blog. Tanya, you might find that interesting.

As some of you may know, Tanya has been heading up a small investment group. Well she seems to be doing well at picking and choosing for the group and has made us a small amount of money ( or should I say fortune). I am sure she is going to post about it soon.. When she has her tips ready I will link to it.
The last thing Tanya and I have been working on is recycling material for house hold use.

Now this is not to say that we are going to fill our homes with junk but, make a few neat projects for our home and fix up somethings we already have.
this is an old chic incubator, I have had it for years.
I took the heating apparatus off and thought once it is refinished it would make a good island or table. We have decided to use it in our mud room as a counter.
this the beginning project
Jim Sanding it down, even the corner metal pieces are shining.
I will show you the finished product, once it is in place and the room is organized.
It looks amazing





This is the coffee table Jim made in College about 19 years ago. Jim had sanded it down in this picture and it is ready to be re stained and top coated.

even reused our sausage tray for the stain. we are doing good.

Now this is an old sign that Jim made for his family years ago too.
Again sanded it down, cleaned it off and blow the saw dust off.

Stained it, and gave it new life. Now this Stevens Family can use it.


the challenge on the horizon

this is the scrap metal pile at the recycling depot.

Now I am not going lye, I have been known to claw in it before and find some neat stuff.

Tanya has decorated some of her house with it and now we want to see projects with it.

I had bought a couple of gifts while in Honduras from this ladies company

recreated art and soul

Have a look at her creations and her bio. It is really amazing.

Now we are inspired to try our hand at it, and want you to too..

Please send pictures of anything you have refurbished, or design out or recycled product.

I will post them on the blog.

We will show our projects when they are completed..
the last project I was working on Sunday was fixing up our flower beds. The ground has become so hard over the winter that it turned out to be a big job.. I planted some bulbs. I hoping they will come up this year, and Jim put a bag of peat moss on for me. It looked really nice.

After this picture, it snowed.Have a great day.

2 comments:

TANYA said...

your re-doing....looks good! great start to the challange!

you can put my blog back on...i blogged

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
might , perhaps curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with offices around the world.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I began to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper companion who uses your savings in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://owokadogaf.exactpages.com/tiziho.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to become rich