Friday, April 24, 2009

Movie night with a Friend

Well, ok.. I felt the need to bake something to share with everyone.. Couldn't decide, so I baked COOKIES.. Yes one of the simplest things to bake, yet some of the best girl friend food their is. Tanya once brought large cookies and ice cream and we made home made ice cream sandwiches. That was a nice treat.. Now I am hoping she has ice cream when I arrive tonight.
I used the recipe from here I might add, it is the best choc. chip cookies I have made. I really watched them and set the timer for only 8 minutes. I don't know what it is about cookies at this elevation but they don't take as long to bake. Please check out the Chipits website. They have some great recipes (every things choc. of coarse) and they have a contest that Canadians can actually enter for a Kenmore kitchen. I made extra big ones (just for Jim)
Now this evening I am on my way to Tanya's for a girls night. The men are both away doing stuff so we are getting together. I wanted to take her some cookies and thought of this cute way to package them. Now one reason I am so proud of this idea is because I really just started recycling . Gasp, I know.. that is a whole other post, but I am getting good at it.
I had Just added this to the plastic recycling today, so I pulled it out (see I didn't have to get it out of the garbage, (like I would) it was actually clean and with the other plastic.)
cookies fit perfect.


Now I am going to cover it, and make it look pretty.

Note the shape. a bit of a arch at the top so that when you wrap it there are no puckers.


I added a little ribbon, a card that I put stickers on to spell Yummy
and viola, a cute little bring along hostess gift.

For your paper crafters out there, the paper is from PinkMartini "flirtini"


So now when I arrive, we will be all set for our "Jane Austin" movie marathon.

3 comments:

julia said...

please comment on the movies. I will anxiously wait and be honest!

Lucky Star Designs said...

Love the idea for presenting the hostess gift... I will have to remember this one! (welcome to CMs)

Anonymous said...

Now, of course, I'm craving cookies...

You did a great job decorating. Great hostess gift idea!