Sunday, May 31, 2009

Yard work 101

Well if you see me regularly,  you have probably heard me say, " I am loving the age of our kids.
Today was another good example of why.  If you live on a farm, or acreage or even just have a big yard you know the time that goes into it.  Many hands make light work as the saying goes. And today, I trained some new hands.  

Destiny always says she isn't a good driver, so I s
howed her how to run the lawn tractor, of course reiterating the safety features and the option of just standing up to shut it off. 
 This helped with her confidence once she new she could just stand up.
I set her loose in the front paddock and she did amazing.  Her smile proved that she had more confidence in her abilities.  That was great for her.



Now there are times in life where I truly believe that you have to be careful for what you wish for.  I think Hayze found that out today.  He really wanted to whipper snip today, so after some persuading and some safety gear....  off we went.  Hayze got on to it right away and did alot of whipping.  I was really proud of him for all the grass that he cut.  That job is really a ruthless, hand vibrating, body shaking job.  He did good and even by the end he was able to change the cutting string and pull start it.


I think he was happy to be done and be able to play with his sister.

When all the yard was looking better, we cleaned up and went to town for some ice cream and parts to fix up a couple leaks we have in our irrigation/sprinkler system.  Jim got them fixed up to problem and now we can start watering our brown grass.   Funny how fast that happened.  Feels like there was just snow on it last week.

Just 3 more sleeps until my trip to Phoenix.

No comments: