Friday, February 23, 2007

Fairmont Pictures



Well we are home and laundry is started and life is back to "normal" It was great to have 3 nights away and to do some recreational things.
I think the kids really liked it. Skiing is the hi lite of the 4 days away. The weather was so great. It snowed in the morning. not cold just snowing. We spent that time on the bunny hill with the kids. Destiny got off the T bar and took off, arms a flapping and going 90. Hayze had his more of "let's perfect this" attitude and was a little frustrated at first. " I know, Just let me do this" was a phrase that frustrated Jim and I all morning. We had another tailgate lunch and then headed for the chair lift. No looking back after that. The weather was sunny and the powder on the hill made it really easy for us all to stop. by the end, Hayze was hitting small jumps, and Destiny was cutting back and forth on the hill.

Our Budget $480 Total money spent $ 685.51 over $202.51
This was a great experiment for our family. You really don't realize how you nickel and Dime yourself to death when you are spending money.
The amount spent includes absolutely everything from Jim's snuff to Destiny's Cold medicine. We did eat out the last night we were there. We went for a drive to Radom and ate at the DQ. On our way home we got gas and ate at the Huskey. Not something I have done in years. The big expense for the week was of course skiing. It cost us $230.00 for the family, plus we got free passes to the hot springs.
We actually enjoyed our tailgate meals and we cooked our meals in our villa.

We all most got talked into a Time share. I had total anxiety about it and decided not to do it. I'm I ever thankful. So on the way home we stopped and looked at new holiday trailers. Totally something I want to invest in.. Again huge anxiety about having payment on a trailer. The kids are getting excited about camping season and worried about what we are going to sleep in. I will keep looking...
More than camping, they are both talking about fishing. I guess I'm going to have to buy a fishing rod to go with the boat mom and dad gave us last summer. We used it 3 times in Aug and Sept and it is still some of our best stories..

to some it up. It was a great holiday, enjoy the pictures, and if you get a chance to do a "time share" promo at Fairmount to do it.. You save about $750. in rooms.. plus you get $100 free stuff at the gift shop. We got some really cool baskets. big enough to roll blankets in for our newly developed basement.

this weekend, Hayze has two play off games ... they just start this weekend. I think he is very excited.
P.s for those of you that are keeping track. finially pictures of Jim.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Crystal make sure you check out the RV Show this weekend at the Round-up Centre. It actually started Wednesday I think. Nick and I are going on Saturday to check out what sales they have and look at some units. xoxoxo Connie A