Saturday, February 3, 2007

What I Learned Tonight

Wow... I Started making a list of books that I needed to read.. It started with sorting a few piles and ended up - cleaning my bedside table and dusting off some books that have been around a few years.
What I learned. Is that I have a lot of self help books that I either have to read or give up. My commitment to myself is to delete from that very long list of books, books I have read or have decided just are not right for this time in my life and donate to a local library. I will complete by the end of Feb.
I'm sure that I can use some as referance point and give the rest up.. Sometimes you just got to go it without the help of the "selfhelp books'
I found a book tonight that I referanced a couple of years ago, called "post adotion blues". In that book I found a beautiful card from Jim.. Just letting me know that he was there if I need him.
Nice I thought..!!! I kept it the book, as it was, as a book mark.
I also just purchased, "the mastery of love".. to find that I already own it.. anyone want to to a book study?
Found a few dovotional books too, Purpose driven life and the journal, and a couple of prayer books for woman that were given as a gift. A great reminder for me to spend more time spiritually ...

I never included on that list all my feng shui and organization books that I referance as well as the 5 books that I have alread decided to give up..

It was a great excercise for me tonight, reminded me of my commitment to my marriage and to my faith as well as cleaned a few corners of my house.
p.s.. found 11 books to return to people.. Not all read of course but have decided to read my own.

No comments: