Sunday, January 6, 2008

Funny How Life Changes Things

Well it has been over 4 months since I have posted anything and I realized that I need to get back at it.. If for nothing else to spark my interests again in all my hobbies of pictures, scrapbooking and my computer.

The time since I have posted has been a world wind of emotion and activity.

Losing my mother continues to leave me with such an emptiness that I didn't even know was possible. As the days move forward it is becoming more real for me that she is gone and my loss continues to grow. I am sure, as they say, time will help fill the void. Time has pretty big shoes to fill..
Kids are a wonderful buffer for times of grief. I have thought over the last few months, that is one of the main reasons God so graciously have us children, to ease the pain. They miss their grandma terribly and have fantastic memories that we encourage them to share with us all the time. They do remember all the funny stuff and help me lift my sorrow.







The kids lives are very active too, so their activities keep us on the run and busy with our time.. Hockey, Ringette and Rodeo are great ways for us to stay active and involved. When I returned home the end of September it was right back into life as we know it and all the runny around it includes.






Christmas was hear at home. Opening gifts with the kids and relaxing. We haven't yet had the time to rip everything open but the gifts were all so fabulous.
We left for Melfort on the 26th to be with family and stayed for a week. The time at home was probably what I needed to move on in some areas... Just to be able to smell my moms cloths and remember her smell for a brief moment was great.
The tradition of Santa coming was continued on new years eve with all the family there. It was nice for the kids and familiar for the rest of us.



Our family left the 2nd of January to come home and then me and the kids left for Red Deer the following day for a ringette tournament for Destiny.
She did very well, getting a hat trick in the first game and a goal in each of the following games. I am so very proud of her progress.
We are off to rodeo this afternoon and I am excited about the kids learning some roping techniques this year at rodeo club.

Happy New Year to everyone and hope that my post was not to much of a downer.. However.. It feels good to be writing again and maybe,, just maybe just writing how I feel will help me feel better today..
I feels good to get my "Beyond Obstacles" attitude back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss! The picture of you and your mom is beautiful! You are in our prayers.

carolbcool said...

You and your family are also in my prayers. I love the picture of you and your Mom and your family pics. as well..Love to you all....