Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Daily Goals

Every now and then I get this uncontrollable urge to be the "MOTHER OF THE YEAR".
They don't come along to often but when they do I really get encouraged to do it all.

Well My goal on Monday was to use this: It had to be dusted off, that should tell you how long it has been since I last used it.
And of course my other goals was like every other Monday, get the laundry done. This weeks piles seem a little taller than normal.. Probably due to holidays and travel.
No, a bomb did not go off in the laundry room.

So with my goals set in place, I sat down with a couple of recipe books to look for a couple of tasty treats to whip up in the mix master. Now this always is a tricky task. Now remember, I had to dust of the mix master so you can imagine my baking supplies are not that readily available.. I am more of the staple kind of gal when it comes to baking..(More of a Cook).
I found a cookie recipe that looked great that used the common breakfast type ingredients (oatmeal and chocolate chips) and a butter tart square.. Got to have raisins for lunches... So I was set. Ready for the mess to begin.
I love my extra counter space for this purpose.

My cookies tasted really good, and I must admit ... If you move the rack up, one above the middle the bottoms really don't burn. (1st for everything)
I also love my new cuisinart red flipper.
My butter tart squares where truly delightful. So much so that I cut them up and put them on a pretty little tray and froze them so that I wouldn't eat them all.

I was lucky enough to have guest join us for supper. The funniest guests around. Jayse and Kadin. They are always good for a laugh at the table. The 3 boys ( or should I say 4) are always full of it.


So with the baking all done, supper put away and the sun setting... my laundry continued on. I finally complete my last goal at 8:45
Laundry done and all put away.

What better way to end the day but to kiss my kids goodnight.

Good Night

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had fun! I enjoy my "Susie Homemaker" days too. And I have to say: my niece and nephew are adorable. And what exactly is that pink stuffy on Hayze's pillow??