Saturday, March 22, 2008

We Tried..

and failed miserably. I am self proclaimed "not a baker" however I do like to do things with the kids and get them involved in the spirit of the occasion. Soooooooooo I thought that I would try these adorable little truffles and adapt them to the Easter theme. They are easy to make according to Bakerella and she has adapted them to different occasions ... I just don't think I was cut out for the challenge. It goes something like this. You use a whole box of oero's ( i used the golden variety) chop them up really fine and add a block of cream cheese and work very well together.The mix than looks like this. very easy to work with and tastes yummy.. We shape ours into eggs and put them is the freezer so that we could get them to set so we could dip them in choc. We choose the white kind.. this is were it all went south. I don't think we should have used the "bakers" style choc. we were suppose to use the kind to make chocolates out of. I couldn't find it here. Anyway our choc. was very thick and hard to apply.
Hayze left us right about here, stating he did not like doing this kind of eggs. So Destiny and I kept with it and then decided to use some more dark choc. on the ones that didn't cover well.. I then lost Destiny who got tired of the sweet mess. so I continued on and decorated the white chocolate eggs and they ended up like this.







Everyone has really enjoyed them but I think I will stick to the regular ball shape and find the right type of choc. to dip in. If you have any other ideas please share. do however check out Bakerella and see all the cute ideas that this site has. I stumbled on to it when I was checking someone else blog out.

______________________________________________

Our new puppy.. LILLY I weakened, actually caved into a new puppy.. An indoor dog none the less.. I said I am sure every good farm yard needs a good indoor dog.. Oh but when you see this little cute ookie muckie face you will understand why I had to bring her home. She is 8 weeks old and was born Jan 23,2007.. (another January baby)She has been very good and everyone is in love with her.. Even grandpa..




We had just given her a bath and she was using dad to dry off. Dad loved it.




Wendel of coarse loves her.. He loves dogs in general. He keeps calling her lucy and teasing the kids. look how comfy lily is in his arms.. (at home for 2 days, 1 night)

Destiny has a hard time putty down Lilly.. she loves her so much.. .. We have all enjoyed her and I haven't had to pick up much poo yet.. I think if we stay diligent in training it will be just fine.
Have a great Easter tomorrow.. Hope the Easter bunny finds you all...



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great eggs! They're almost as cute as the new baby! Better you than me! Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

Those eggs look fantastic !! Yummy too.
What a cute, cute addition to your family !! My "darling" husband, and "precious" daughter gave me a indoor pup for my birthday. Some days I wonder what we were thinking, but we all love her to pieces, and couldn't imagine not having her now !!!

amy w. said...

Awww... those eggs are cute. Some of my stuff tastes way better than it looks. :D

Love the puppy! :D