Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Amish Friendship Bread



This is more than a recipe This is recipe that takes ten days to make..

Maybe it's a touch stone to our past - to those days not so very long ago when everything we did took time and where a bread that took 10 days to make was not as extraordinary as it seems today.
I am currently on Day 4 of this 10 day process and wanting to share with you.
Comment on this post and I will forward you your starter when I separate it on day 10. I will include the recipe and directions. When you've made your bread, you can give your friends a sample and the starter that made it! Then your friends can make their own and pass it along to their friends. This is why the bread is called "friendship bread". It makes a great homemade present. I can't wait to see how far I will be sending my starters..
Please post a comment by clicking "comment". When you have left me your name you can click on anonymous and it will allow you to send your comment.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to try making that bread. Great family project to do before my classes start again in May. I just got caught up on your blog today so I've left comments on your last three posts as well. Hope Destiny is doing ok.

Anonymous said...

Could it be made in a BBQ?
Wendel

Anonymous said...

I love these "friendship" bread recipes.... it's been a long long time since I've had one, but every one I've ever made has been delicious !!