Saturday, April 5, 2008

Sad Day at Twin Oaks Ranch.

Living and growing up on a farm can sometimes be hard..I believe that because you own "critters" you experience the circle of life a little more and a little more often.

Today was one of those days for us. Upon arriving a the rodeo today Little One started acting sick and we thought that she had a stomach ache. We walked her endlessly and her cramping didn't subside..We called a vet and she came over right away. We got her pain under control and the vet encouraged us to load her and take her to the clinic. We left the children with friends and took her the clinic. Prognoses not good.. and our "little One" has left us today.
She will be sadly missed by all of us. Especially our little girl.. Thank you little one for your patience and miles you put on with her.. You can never be replaced..
Good Night

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Little One will be sadly missed!!! Thanks again for taking the kids as they always enjoy going with you. Have to share with you was putting Kody to bed tonight and he says to me do you miss Little One and I said oh well I didn't really know her and he said I miss her...

Anonymous said...

So sorry about Destiny's horse. It's always hard to lose an animal friend/member of the family (been there, done that). Jasmine will be sad for Destiny. She loves horses too.

Anonymous said...

So sorry about "Little One".
I know the bond between a little girl and her horse can be very strong. Hugs to Destiny !!

carolbcool said...

I am so sad to hear about your horse, Destiny, I will be thinking of you and you will be in my prayers as always...Love Carol