Thursday, April 10, 2008

Trip to Town

Well our trip to Calgary was an adventure. Hayze and I set out at 8:30 this morning for a 9:30 apt at the orthodontist. We were clear sailing and ready to meet his class mates at aggie days at stampede park after his appointment.


We just got out of the yard and Jim called to let us know that it was snowing in Calgary really bad. Ya, ya.. was our attitudes.. It was no were close to snowing at our home...We continue on our venture and not until about 8 miles east of the City did we run into snow... and not until we turned north onto the Deerfoot did we run in to a very, very, very long traffic jam... It took us over 1 hour to go 10 miles..


We were going slower than this fella..



The snow we walked through in the parking lot of the orthodontist was more that 8 inches high.. Amazing how snow can fall in Calgary so wet and heavy and nothing in our yard.. 30 mins away. Needless to say that the school trip was cancelled for all the kids..

I had phoned the Dr.'s office to assure them we would be arriving, just 1 hour late. They were fine with that and when we arrived we were 1 of 2 patients that had arrived.. 8 chairs sat empty.. we are troopers..


Well I wish that was the only reason we persevered, OH NO, I had alerter motives..I had to get to the city to get my book.. well books actually. I also bought the next one in the series.

Well have a great night.. I have some reading to do.

2 comments:

amy w. said...

Have fun reading!! :D

Lizzy said...

Sounds like you guys have been busy! I like reading about what's been going on.
We have to get together soon!
Miss You,
Love Lizzy