Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Always With Me

Today marks one year since my mom pasted away. It has been a year of many tears, however today more than any other day I realize she is always with me.

On Saturday I was having a tough time and really feeling sad. Then the greatest thing happened.

Jim was asked by a co worker if he could help him put in a brake control is his truck, we had a busy day planned but Jim of course agreed. This guy was coming out from Calgary and was bringing his wife. Jim come home from work and decided to have a quick shower.. and of course these "strangers" show up. I invited them in and offered them coffee and we started visiting. When Jim was ready, JJ said sit down and relax I want to finish my coffee. As the conversation continued JJ said that he was a musician and that he played in clubs for years earning some cash on the side. I had said that sounded fun and never went any further with it. Just then my 9 year old son come from my office with my moms guitar case in hand. JJ recognized it as being a "Martin" right away and asked if he could play it. He tuned it all up and just as mom did every time she took her guitar out, played a little diddy to see if it was in tune.

As soon as I heard the same sound come out of that guitar.. I had tears rolling down my face and was totally thankful for that one little moment it time.. That I knew was suppose to happen. JJ proceded to play 3 songs for us and then continued on thier job at hand. I on the other hand was with my thoughts and my tears and the knowledge that she was with me and that was her way of showing me how.

I want to share a poem that was sent to me when mom first past, I have it up on my computer desk so that I can see it everyday.

Your Mother is always with you....

she's the whisper of the leaves as you walk down the street:

She's the smell of bleach in your freshly laundered socks:

she's the cool hand on your brow when you're not well.

Your Mother lives inside your laughter.

and she's crystallized in every tear drop.

She's the place you come from, your first home;

and she's the map you follow with every step you take.

She's your first love and your first heartbreak, and nothing on earth can separate you

Not time, not space... not even death.

unknown.

To my family my dad, my brothers, nieces and newphews my thoughts are with you all, and we are bounded by the love we lost and times we have together.

To all of mom's friends. Thanks for being such good friends to her and I know your loss is deep and sorrow is hard.

I love you mom.. and I miss you more than anyone will every know. Twink.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize that it had been a year already. I didn't get to know your mom well, but she was an awesome lady and was always nice to us. I felt like part of her family. Know that our thoughts are with you today and that a hug comes from Lincoln, Damon, Jasmine and me to all of you.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I can't believe it has been one year already. Isn't it amazing when something happens to show us that they are there with us? (((hugs))) to you today.

Karen

carolbcool said...

Time passes very quickly when we lose our loved ones, however the memories linger on and we get to laugh and cry our tears , never forgetting the love we shared with them...You are always in my prayers...I too receive messages through the birds, etc..My mom loved squirrels and one has just inhabited my apple tree..that's my mesage from Mom...Bless you all...

Anonymous said...

Hey kiddo, what a beautiful message. Your Mom was an incredibly special woman touching so many people's lives. Your story of the stranger & your Mom's guitar gave me goosebumps. What a beautiful gift. I miss her too.
Thinking of you all, this week with a tender heart.
Love Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Hey Twink,
I am sitting here with your husband James, what an amazing lady you must be... Hope some day to have the opportunity to meet and visit with you. Hope you are feeling better!

Love, Holly and your honey!!!

Michelle C. said...

Wow, that is beautiful. Have tears running as I write this.

Anonymous said...

Losing someone so close is one of the hardest things to go through. When you can't just call them on the phone to tell them bad news or the good things happening in your life. Just remember I am always there to listen.One piece of advice I can give anyone that has lost a loved one is to find the memories that make you laugh and always talk about them. Twink just remember that your Mom made you the person that you are today. Love Stacey