Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Concerts to cabbage rolls

Our little Lamb.
Destiny was the star of the show, " The Little Lamb"
this was a none talking role, but she was on the stage the whole night.
[dec 18,2008]
Destiny and Andre
the end of the play wit Jesus in the manger.
Destiny did so good in this role. she didn't act silly or nervous and was right on cue.
we were so proud of her
Hayze after his sisters play. Tried to get a shot of him in his new vest on stage.. He had no part of it. So again.. a better one with his coat on.
----------------------
I want to say, if you are one of our friends that bought tickets for the great DeWalt tool package off of us to support Hayzes hockey, I have good news and bad news.. You didn't win, the good news is you know the person who did.. ME... Isn't that great? I have some projects lined up.. Will see how they pan out.. Jim isn't as excited about owning tools as he was about asking for them for the last 4 years. (be careful what you wish for)
[dec 1, 2008]
Update; money raised through ticket sales went to purchase the whole team matching warm up suits. they look so professional in their matching suits.. go STORM go!!
[dec 20, 2008]
Hayze in the "hard helmet" awarded by the coaches for a game well played.
This was the game against Crossfield on Sunday
1 gaol & 4 Assists

Manager Donna, putting the boys through pregame warm up. she is a tough one. See Hayze down on the ground giving it his all.. While she is yelling out "drop and give me 20" to another kid.. ( I think this had a lot to do with the big win.. they were all scared!)

Or, it could have been the spectator enthusiasm.
Or .. the coaches..
Jim is actually "jersey Mom" but was asked to go on the bench last weekend to help out while the head coach was on holidays. I think he really enjoyed it!.. Well, turns out it is good that I take so many pictures. With 5 days in between posts, I would forget what we have been up to in the last little bit.
----------------
[dec 23, 2008]
I have done a lot of baking.. well for me anyway.. and tonight I tried my hand at cabbage rolls. My mom always served cabbage rolls with Christmas dinner.. My oldest brother Monty's fav. so she always made sure that they were there for him.. Mine are in the oven tonight. I must add, I am a little nerves about the outcome so I thought I would make them a couple days a head so if they need to be redone I could do that. So far, they are smelling good.
------------------
[dec 16, 2008]
I went back to work last week for 4 short days. I didn't work full days but it felt good to get there and do something out of the house. The shop is doing great and it was really good to see all the girls again.

That is it for tonight. My cabbage rolls are done and I am going to relax.











2 comments:

amy w. said...

Great updates! I love your cabinet! I too have a couple older pieces and I doubt I will ever get the smell out either. ;)

TANYA said...

well you have been a busy little girl....
looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!!!