Monday, September 14, 2009

Weekend full of arenas.

The Regehr family hosted a team roping jackpot and a pig roast on Saturday.
Jim took part in the team roping as a heeler .

Pig roasted to perfection
Jim after the roping, I took no arena pictures for this reason and due to the fact that I was running back and forth to the hockey arena with the children.
After supper they had a dummy roping for the kids.
Hayze won the heeling, and took home a buckle donated by Trina's dad Jim.
Jim was so proud that both Hayze and himself won something.
Jim took 4th place in the jackpot, and won a $50 gift card to K&K livestock.
All the kids from the Dummy roping
Yes, I even got in on the action.
$2.00 entry fee for the adult dummy roping.
notice there is no "victory" photo for me.
We had a great time at the Regehrs, I love getting together for functions like that with friends.

Sunday found us at the gymkhana area in Strathmore and then back at the rink for Hayze's conditioning. Another great day for the kids at the arena. I don't have any pictures because I was helping time and announce. Another great weekend.
As fall continues on and the sports start up, I am getting excited about all the things to come.
Hockey teams will be picked for Hayze after next weekend and their winter series gymkhana starts in Okotoks. Gitty UP.!

No comments: